Increasing dependency of KDE to 4.3

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jul 16 16:58:43 UTC 2009

On 16.07.09 18:45:08, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> [Andreas Pakulat | Thursday 16 July 2009]

> > > At least right now, I don't see a reason for us to do it at all. There
> > > has been no relevant patches to kate.
> >
> > But to kdelibs and in Qt, you don't get workingsets or the area-tabs
> > without KDE 4.3.
>
> I use 4.2.4 and have these.

The area tabs or the workingsets next to the area tabs? If so you hacked
our source code ;) By default the only place where workingsets might
appear is a single button in the document-title line (and there it looks
pretty ugly IMHO).

Also there are some things in the project open dialog that are currently
using workarounds for missing API in kdelibs 4.3.

Are you making all this up as you go along?