KIO from inside a parsejob?

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 05:39:49 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 01:48, Milian Wolff<mail at milianw.de> wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 14. Juli 2009 22:43:19 schrieb Milian Wolff:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> could it be that KIO must not be accessed from a parsejob? Look at that, I
>> can't explain it:
>>
>> http://mwolff.pastebin.com/f4e26ba49
>>
>> I try to fix the includebuilder for PHP and remote projects. My code now:
>>
>> http://mwolff.pastebin.com/f6b676fc0
>>
>> Here's the debug output on the console:
>> http://mwolff.pastebin.com/f130f444b
>>
>> What's that about QPair's?! Is my build fubar? Help!
>
> It's definitly the KIO::NetAccess::exists(). If I comment that out everything
> seems to work fine.
>
> Niko: Have you ever tested that? Or did it work for you back then?
I never tested with non-local files.

I think we can't use KIO in a background thread (?). The easiest fix
would be to replace
that with plain QFile calls. Imo it's ok to not support that for
remote files, especially
as project files are found in a different way.
I can imagine this isn't very fast when used with sftp.

Niko