Core::initialize

Ramon Zarazua rzarazua at digipen.edu
Sat Jul 11 23:12:01 UTC 2009

>Uhm, that won't work. You cannot create a gui-core in a non-gui
>application. Either you change to use QTEST_KDEMAIN(TestCppCodegen)
>or you use KDevelop::Core::NoUi for the core. (Actually I'm not sure
>wether you can have a non-gui QApplication/KApplication even with
>Core::NoUi).
>
>Andreas

Whoops, sorry about that one, that was part of the testr i did to see if it
would work like that, I am actually using KDevelop::Core::NoUi.

Then I discovered another crash on cpplanguagesupport.cpp:169. Inside the call
to setXMLFile, a call to KGlobal::mainComponent fails. I also haven't figured
out why, from what I see in the documentation, "There is always at least one
instance of a component in one application (in most cases the application
itself).", by this I think it means the app, which I saw was instantiated by
QTEST_KDEMAIN.

While I discover what the hell is going on, I have put tests before the calls
that crash, so that it won't execute them if KDevelop::Core::NoUi is
specified(this won't be commited, it is just so that I can continue with the
actual test code).
Anyone else have any other ideas? It is quite obvious something is missing as
other tests and tools can call Core::initialize(KDevelop::NoUi) without any
problems, but I still cannot find what that is.