Some help with launch configurations

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jul 11 14:32:10 UTC 2009

On 11.07.09 16:18:03, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> > On 10.07.09 16:44:04, Kishore wrote:
> > > I tried looking through the code for this but could not find where the
> > cmake
> > > executable is executed.
> >
> > Its in kdevelop/projectmanagers/cmake/cmakebuilddirchooser*, shouldn't
> > be too hard to add a line-edit there. You just need to store the content
> > of that into the project configuration (similar to the buildtype) and
> > then adjust the cmakebuilder in kdevelop/projectbuilders/cmakebuilder to
> > read the value and use it (see the configure() method of the class)
> >
> I saw that coming. What would you think about changing these 2 by just 1
> line?

Which two? You mean dropping buildtype? Well, I actually find that one
quite nice. Its certainly a common thing to change (much more common
than any other things) and its much better to have a combobox here to
"get the right value" as cmake is case-sensitive on the setting (AFAIK).
The same goes for the install prefix, that one is also often changed and
deserves a nice KDE-way of choosing it (instead of having to type into a
lineedit.

> It would be nice to be able to add variables to the cache too.

You mean having the option of specifying cache-variables before running
cmake? Hmm, the Qt4 Dialog for CMake does allow to do that, so maybe
that makes sense. But I'd hide that behind an expandable "Advanced"
button.

I've also seen that the Qt4 Dialog allows to choose the generator to be
used (will be important on windows to switch between unix and nmake
makefiles) and lends a hand to properly configure the builddir for
non-default (non-native) compiler toolchains (i.e. using gcc from
non-standard installation, using differing toolchain). Might be nice to
have some of that too.

Afternoon very favorable for romance.  Try a single person for a change.