Code for unit-tests

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri Jul 10 05:34:53 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 08 Juli 2009 14:15:25 schrieb Ramón Zarazúa:
> When working with unit-tests that need code input to manipulate
> (cppduchain, codecompletion, codegeneration) It is sometimes hard to
> understand what some of the code snippets do by just seeing them as a
> string. I suppose what most people do is paste it into kate(or any
> formatting editor) and format it so it can be much easier to read.
>
> I propose that each of these tests have a file that contains all the code
> snippets already formatted, so it can be faster and easier to know what you
> are dealing with. Something like <testname>_snippets.cpp
But this again makes it more tedious to create tests, as you have to change
multiple files to do it. Also it imo would make it much harder to understand
most of the c++ tests, that have short strings containing just about 10
tokens. You would always have to look them up first in the other file.

Greetings, David