on documentation

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Sat Jan 31 16:13:56 UTC 2009

hi list!

I was thinking on kdevelop 4's documentation support. I've been checking
some of the code we have in playground. It is quite disappointing to see
that much of the code there is just oriented to support many many
documentation formats but real actual integration.

I think it would be nice to have proper integration support. For now doxygen
and qt assistant would be nice, or maybe just assistant (since most of it
could be used by getting it from Qt's assistant, QHelpEngine).

What I think it would be important would be that this documentation support
could be (easily) integrated with the DUChain. That would mean to be able to
identify classes and method names and relate them to the proper
documentation pages and show c++ reference if using c++ and Qt, and pyqt's
doc if using python.

What do you think about it? Is there any work to do so already done?

Thanks,
Aleix