Crash on Opening a non-text document

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jan 28 23:05:09 UTC 2009

On 28.01.09 16:50:53, Thomas Burdick wrote:
> we have a few .doc files in our project for who knows why... but I had
> a crash the other day when I accidently opened the file in kdevelop.
> It added a new tab and everything, displayed nothing, locked up, then
> died.

We had a bugreport for that when using .png files, but I couldn't reproduce
it. A backtrace would be useful, in theory the shell should be able to
embed any KPart, but maybe we've got a bug somewhere ;) Image files work
fine here (until I close kdevelop apparently, then khtmlimagepart crashes)

I guess I should mention that it might be the KPart thats crashing and
taking kdevelop with it.

You are not dead yet.  But watch for further reports.