Stability of our beta

David nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Jan 28 11:42:11 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 28 Januar 2009 10:07:29 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> Well, right now (with only 1 parse thread) thats probably the main issue :(
> I really wonder wether we can workaround this without creating a "global
> application lock"...

I think a global lock is impossible due to all the mutexes we use. Tons of
deadlocks would be inevitable.

I think the safest way would be just putting a mutex into language-controller,
copying over the relevant information from the supported mime-types whenever a
language is loaded, and then doing some fast & dirty custom matching within
languageForUrl using that information.