Breadcrumbs implementation - patch

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 24 18:40:59 UTC 2009

On 24.01.09 20:21:04, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 December 2008 19:55:43 Иван Ручкин wrote:
> > Breadcrumbs implementation patch
> >
> > This patch is the implementation of 'breadcrumbs' nagivation in KDevelop, aimed to add a lightweight mechanism of navigation through files instead of additional views on the left side.-The navigation can start from project's directory (for files of some project) or from root folder (for files without project).
> >
> > -The popup list of files is split into 2 categories: Open and Other, which can be collapsed and expanded by a click. Directories are always in the "Other" list.
> > -This version is sufficiently complete in my opinion. I'd appreciate if it is evaluated and commented.
> >
> > Known bugs:1. When starting kdevelop with open project files navigation start from root. Need to reopen them to navigate from project directory.2. The list of Open files contains more files than really open in the tabs. That's the list of documents, returned by function DocumentController::openDocuments.
> >
> > Intended changes:-Eliminate the bugs.-Probably change the popup list: for example "Recently opened"/"Other".-Improve internals for more stability.
> > --Best regards,Ivan Ruchkin
>
> So, what is the general opinion about this? I can work with Ivan to further polish the details,
> but I would like to figure if anybody objects to this navigation thing going in, in general.

Hmm, apart from some people thinking already about how to best integrate
this with tabs, I think the consensus was that it should go in. +1 from my
side as well.

But if you don't mind, please wait until I've created the tags for the beta
release. As I haven't heard from any blocking problems I'll be doing that
in a few hours, when getting back from the cinema. Will post a short notice
here.

Try to value useful qualities in one who loves you.