[apaku at gmx.de: Re: KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/contextbrowser]

David nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 24 10:21:57 UTC 2009

Am Samstag 24 Januar 2009 01:59:55 schrieb Matthew Woehlke:
> You'll pardon me for not knowing what "magicModifier" is (something
> kate/kdevelop-specific?), but I prefer not circumventing DE convention,
> which is what you seem to be doing.
>
> Again. What makes KDevelop special that it can ignore the DE conventions
> used by every other app?

Any app can follow or ignore conventions, it's our own decision.
If it brings a big advantage, then it can be ok to ignore them. We want to
create a gooda pplication after all. Since you don't know what the magic
modifier is, you can not do this weighting of advantages vs. disadvantages.

For me it's rather easy, something like 100 vs 0.01 ;-)

ps. How can something be a DE convention that is disabled altogether in the
DE's default style?