[apaku at gmx.de: Re: KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/contextbrowser]

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 22:50:01 UTC 2009

Hi,

David, can you please have a look at this. I'd just revert it, but am
not sure wether I maybe just misunderstand something.

----- Forwarded message from Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> -----

From: Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de>
To: kde-commits at kde.org
Subject: Re: KDE/kdevplatform/plugins/contextbrowser

On 14.01.09 00:32:13, David Nolden wrote:
> SVN commit 910713 by zwabel:
>
> Add an ugly hack to prevent the menu-bar from using a single ALT modifier press+release to switch focus to it.
> This makes the "Magic Modifier" work on non-oxygen styles as well.

This is just wrong. Users _expect_ an Alt keypress+release to activate the
menu, thats the default since KDE 3.0, you can't intercept that. So please
revert and instead make sure nobody can use just "Alt" as the
"magicModifier".

You may worry about your hair-do today, but tomorrow much peanut butter will
be sold.

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Change your thoughts and you change your world.