Beta Release

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 22 09:35:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

KDE 4.2.0 has been tagged and Dirk created the first tarballs.

I've just cleaned up the plugins as I proposed some time ago, increased
our version number and kdelibs requirements.

As I also just changed some code in the cmake manager I'd like to ask
everybody who has some spare time today/tomorrow to fire up kdev4 and
check that everything still works ok (as a few days ago).

If nobody presents any new bugs that should be considered showstoppers,
I'll tag the beta on saturday night/sunday morning. After that I'll
notify Dirk so he creates the tarballs.

Last but not least I'll try to write a short dot-story about the beta
and get it into the hands of the dot-authors (need to find out how that
process works).

Today is National Existential Ennui Awareness Day.