Multithreading issues with C++ support?

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:45:36 UTC 2009

Yep exactly these issues make multi-threaded parsing crash on real multi-core
machines.

We need to somehow get the languagesForUrl(..) function thread-safe, that's
the core problem.

A simple and fast workaround would be caching the list returned by
languagesForUrl by the file-extension, but it would only make the crash much
less probably, not completely impossible.

The problem is, if kdelibs 4.2 is not threadsafe in this regard, then we will
have to work around it, since we want to run on that version.