a friendly reminder...

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 20 00:03:41 UTC 2009

Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Saturday 17 January 2009 21:00:06 Robert Knight wrote:
>> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>> ...is anyone working to make kdev's variable coding configurable before
>>> a release? Right now it's illegible.
>>
>> Then the right thing to do first is make it not-illegible by
>> default, not jumping right into the process of adding config
>> dialogs. They'll probably be needed eventually but not as a first
>> step.

True, and you *should* be yelling at me for getting that wrong, of all
people :-).

> It's only illegible on a non-default color scheme.

Which... is horrible. This is the Free world, not Redmond. "Default
color scheme" can vary by distro.

Actually, it seems that this tries to tint the default text color...
which would work a lot better if kdev actually retrieved the default
text color instead of assuming it to be black. Maybe even enough to not
be illegible :-).

--
Matthew
morphir: so much confusion :S kmake, kdemake, qmake make cmake etc.