Which Plugins to keep

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jan 8 21:31:46 UTC 2009

On 07.01.09 17:46:30, Carlos Licea wrote:
> In my opinion splitting KDevelop so much is a bad idea (at least it is a more
> work to download and install) if your interest is the beta and make KDevelop
> less crowded why not just disable some plug-ins by default.

Because we did that mistake with KDevelop3 and it was horrible. Code thats
not maintained doesn't belong into trunk/ its as simple as that. This is
true for those that I listed. Nobody is going to download any of the listed
plugins, because nobody will create a separate release for them (thats why
I also don't think we need an extragear module for them).

It may or may not be worthwhile, but it still has to be done.