Bazaar VCS integration ideas

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jan 2 23:04:05 UTC 2009

On 02.01.09 22:47:02, Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> Happy New Year folks :)
>
> Some time ago I have found nice thing called QBzr:
> http://bazaar-vcs.org/QBzr
> AFAIK it's developed by one of K developers.
> But it's a plugin and not a separate application like QGit.
>
> It has nice UI and functionality, which is in todo for our bzr plugin.
> And many things could be reused since it's a kind of a library and it's
> in python.
>
> It works in such way: bzr qCOMMAND (like commit, log, etc).
>
> I did some small experiments:
>
> #It will open a window as a Qt application, but AFAIK we can embed it,
> but not sure
> #I didn't set current dir (dir with repo), it's set by application's
> active dir.
>
> #It's better, since we control tree object (repo dir) and some other
> things (we will not create application in KD)
> workingtree.WorkingTree.open('/home/kde-devel/kdevelop-projects/bazaar')

Can we embed these widgets into our mainwindow? For example the log window
would need to be inside a toolview, not a standalone window.

Quite frankly, I have no idea wether this will work out or not. It
basically boils down to: How much control do we have over those
windows/wigets? Can we for example pre-select the file that should be
committed in the commit-window? Can we limit the revisions to be shown in
a log window? Does this really work with Kross (I have no idea wether PyQt4
code works with C++ code via kross...)? Last but not least: Is this
available in distro's? How many dependencies do we get with this?

If you can play around with the code and answer the above questions, then
we can make a decision wether to go down that road completely or not :)

You will gain money by a fattening action.