Help offered

Lior Mualem lior.com at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 09:24:35 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:24 AM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 26.02.09 00:38:53, Lior Mualem wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM, David Nolden <
> > david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de> wrote:

> like
> duplicate
> > > That thing has been moved into playground because it isn't ready yet.
> If
> > > you
> > > would fix it up, we could move it back into kdevplatform. I personally
> > > don't
> > > really need it, but it feels like there is high demand for it. :-)
> >
> > We'll the reason I wanted such a thing is to be able to search and
> navigate
> > the classes in the project easily.
>
> You do know about Quick Open Classes, right? (Its Ctrl+Alt+C IIRC)
> It doesn't show any class hierarchy's though.

Yes actually I encountered it but it's useful to lookup a class / file. As
you mentioned - it doesn't give you access to hierarchies which is quite
useful for big projects if you want to graphically visualize derived classes
(Although it seems that the Context dialog gives you the option to see
derived classes).

Perhaps it will be possible to integrate this dialog with the class browser,
they do seem to share common usability.

Lior