Help offered

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Feb 25 23:17:30 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 25 Februar 2009 23:38:53 schrieb Lior Mualem:
> We'll the reason I wanted such a thing is to be able to search and navigate
> the classes in the project easily. sometimes having a file view from the
> project isn't enough.
> I also noticed that there exists a duchainviewer project under
> extra-plugins, I didn't try to compile it or use it yet but isn't it the
> same as a class browser? or is it ment to show lower level than a class
> (such as code block).
DUChainViewer is something completely different which is only ment for duchain
debugging, and not really useful. Stay with the class-browser. ;-)

> Well, it's not exactly minimal.
> I'll give a small program and comment about the stuff that didn't parse
> well.
> The program compiles successfully so it means that no include directive is
> missing

Just by the way you seem to be using the words "parsing" a bit too much.
Parsing is only the process of analyzing the syntax. Most of the interesting
stuff happens during the semantic analysis, which is what the DUChain
expresses.

The program you sent is really not a minimal example. Usually, it's always
possible to describe a problem within less then 10 lines of code, without any
includes. Such a thing can then directly be used to create a test-case and to
fix the problem. With the thing you sent, I have to do the whole work of
finding the actual unsupported feature by myself, before I can even start
trying to fix it.

Anyway I will probably take a look at this at some point, since I want boost
to work. But with proper minimal examples, it'll be faster. :)

Greetings, David