Help offered

Lior Mualem lior.com at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 22:18:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 25.02.09 15:10:46, Lior Mualem wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> > I've recently got some time freed and I would like to help improve /
> bring
> > kdevelop4 to maturity.
> > but I got a little bit lost - I couldn't find much information about
> > requirements / modules / tasks to be performed. Is there such a place?
>
> There's bugs.kde.org, look for bugs/wishes for kdevelop and kdevplatform.
> There's also a feature-list on the wiki:
> http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/Feature_Plan

Thanks for the pointers - seems quite trivial when I think about it :S

<http://www.kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/KDevelop_4/Feature_Plan> > 1. I
> couldn't find a "Class Browser" tool, is anyone doing something like
> > that? or can I start sketching something? I would hate doing duplicate
> work.
>
> Its in trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/classbrowser, but
> it needs some love before it can be moved back to kdevplatform.

I'll have a look into it - at the moment I'm fighting with getting the
current code to work and display in the UI, to have an idea of where it
stands. Is it supposed to appear under the "Add Tool View" dialog?

> > 2. I saw some posts on the mailing lists and on some blogs about the
> current
> > debugger implementation not working and that someone started to port the
> old
> > debugger to kdevelop4. Can I help fix up the new debugger? Who's
> responsible
> > for it (or should I just start doing it all over again?)
>
> Vladimir would be the one who knows the debugger best, the plugin is in
> trunk/KDE/kdevelop/debuggers/gdb. Thats the completely rewritten new one.
> There's another gdb plugin thats simply a Qt4 port of the KDE3 code in
> playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/debugger

I'll contact him to see if he needs help - though I believe that if he
manages with it, I'll probably stick to the class browser. It seems like a
safer / easier task for a newbie.

> Welcome aboard :)

Thanks!