Help offered

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Feb 25 15:41:27 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch 25 Februar 2009 14:10:46 schrieb Lior Mualem:
> 1. I couldn't find a "Class Browser" tool, is anyone doing something like
> that? or can I start sketching something? I would hate doing duplicate
> work.
That thing has been moved into playground because it isn't ready yet. If you
would fix it up, we could move it back into kdevplatform. I personally don't
really need it, but it feels like there is high demand for it. :-)

The main problem of the class-browser is that it currently is somewhat
inefficient, because it loads too much duchain data. I have some ideas on how
to make it more efficient, by only loading data for really visible items, and
only when the class-browser is actually visible.

> Any help here would greatly be appreciated.
> I already think that kdevelop rocks, especially it's cpp parser - one of
> the best ones I've seen (although it still can't parse
> boost::multi_index_container properly, no one can, but I'm sure it's just
> temporary ;) ).
> I can't wait to help improve it further and make it the best IDE around!

I haven't used multi_index_container. If you could extract a minimal example
from it that shows what is not working about it, then I could fix it.

Working on the debugger would be very useful as well. Vladimir Prus has
started working on it again, so if you'd like to do something in that area,
you should contact him personally so you can coordinate your efforts.

Except for that, I think Andraes Pakulat has said everything.

Welcome on board!

Greetings, David