Tooltip when debugging

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Tue Feb 24 22:28:24 UTC 2009

Am Montag 23 Februar 2009 13:05:11 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> Yes, you have to decide. But the decision should be made outside of
> affected plugins. And if you make decision outside, you might as well say
> "I prefer plugin A over plugin B", there's no need to introduce
> 'priorities'.
Well in my eyes, "I prefer plugin A over plugin B" is just a less flexible
version of priorities. Any plugin should be able to provide a tooltip, without
a central instance knowing of it.
> > The only problem is that IMO just because you're in the debug perspective
> > doesn't mean you don't want to navigate through the code. For example to
> > jump to the definition of a function,
>
> Doesn't Ctrl-Click work in all cases?
>
> Look, this is *tooltip* after all, and whilst ActiveToolTip does not place
> any limitations on what kind of thing you can put into it, do you think
> that tooltip with a tab widget inside it is a good idea? I think it will be
> very heavy-weight mechanism, while the primary point of tool tip is that
> it's quick and small. If user wants to nagivate code while debugging, he
> can open context browser, after all.

Well, both our tooltips are interactive and very heavy anyway, so that little
additional interactivity wouldn't change much.

Anyway I could live with this solution: When you're in debug-perspective, and
the debugger is running, then only show the debugger tooltip.

Greetings, David