Fwd: Re: Another crash

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 22:16:26 UTC 2009

On 24.02.09 20:04:06, Thorben Kröger wrote:
> I was told to forward this backtrace to you as it looks like a crash in Qt.
>
> I'm using a very recent Qt kinetic snapshot from labs,

Not sure what kinetic snapshots are, but Qt4.5 rc1 works fine for me. And
the backtrace again looks like a broken Qt/KDE install.

> compiled with
> graphicssystetm raster on opensuse 11.1 if that's any help.

Thats a pretty bad idea, enabling the raster system should only be done on
a per-app basis, with apps where you know for sure it doesn't produce
problems. Building Qt with raster as default is pretty much insane.

If you want to file bugreports then:
- don't use raster with KDevelop (simply because none of us has tested it
  and I don't think anybody knows for sure about the possible implications)
- don't use anything newer than a Qt4.5 snapshot, in particular not some
  to-be-4.6 snapshots from labs. If you're using KDE 4.2, you might be
  better off with Qt4.4 even.

Expect the worst, it's the least you can do.