Crash

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 24 22:11:47 UTC 2009

On 24.02.09 19:37:40, Thorben Kröger wrote:
> Here is a new crash... Is it useful for you to be sent those to the mailing
> list, or should I file bugs for them all?

Well, its fine if you file them at bko, but please try to file against the
right product. This one and two of the earlier crashes are not from
kdevelop (as can be seen from the backtrace). Also if you file crashes from
C++ support, then make sure to first try removing $HOME/.kdevduchain to
start with an empty repository.

> kdevelop(12617)/kdevelop (cpp support) CppCodeCompletionModel::aborted:
> aborting

> 0xb0092e69 in
> qobject_cast<KTextEditor::CodeCompletionModelControllerInterface*>
> (object=0x10ff6470)
>     at
> /home/thorben/devel/src/kdelibs/interfaces/ktexteditor/codecompletionmodelcontrollerinterface.h:179
> 179
> Q_DECLARE_INTERFACE(KTextEditor::CodeCompletionModelControllerInterface,
> "org.kde.KTextEditor.CodeCompletionModelControllerInterface")
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xb0092e69 in
> qobject_cast<KTextEditor::CodeCompletionModelControllerInterface*>
> (object=0x10ff6470)
>     at
> /home/thorben/devel/src/kdelibs/interfaces/ktexteditor/codecompletionmodelcontrollerinterface.h:179

This is definetly a screwed build. That cast cannot fail with kate widgets.
I suggest to do a complete clean rebuild of everything you're building
yourself from kde. Either that or your building kdevelop against a new
kdelibs and running it against an older kdelibs. Thats not going to work
either.

Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
		-- Hunter S. Thompson