on documentation

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 20:13:35 UTC 2009

On 17.02.09 00:50:09, Aleix Pol wrote:
> Ok, so we have the DocumentationController now.
>
> Any thoughts against moving docviewerplugin to kdevplatform/plugins and
> qthelp to kdevelop/plugins?

+1 from my side, also note that my question wether docviewerplugin
should be moved to shell was really just a question wether it makes
sense. But after reading your answer I realized that having it as plugin
gives us a lot more freedom regarding changing it later on or even
providing a different means of showing the docs at the same time. I
still dream of docs being full-size in a separate mainwindow :)

> Maybe qthelp should go to the platform? (I think it is not a that standard
> format yet)

IMHO no, until its really used a lot for other projects documentations.
So far its qt-only and thats not necessarily something that a
kdevplatform-based app wants to work on.

You are going to have a new love affair.