Crash in Sublime::MainWindow::area

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 17 20:01:56 UTC 2009

On 17.02.09 10:33:04, Thorben Kröger wrote:
> Hi,
> I admire your progress on kdevelop4 :-)
> Now and again there are crashes, so I decided to compile with RelWithDebInfo
> (is that good enough for you? Should I do kdelibs too that way or is
> kdevplatform + kdevelop sufficient?). Here is the backtrace of a crash I just
> got... It's a fairly recent svn version.
>
> Please tell me whether it's ok to send them to the list or if this should be a
> bugreport instead...
>
> Cheers,
> Thorben

> 0xb5cf9f3a in Sublime::MainWindow::area (this=0x8225a08) at
> /home/thorben/devel/src/kdevplatform/sublime/mainwindow.cpp:95
> 95      Area *Sublime::MainWindow::area() const
> (gdb)
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xb5cf9f3a in Sublime::MainWindow::area (this=0x8225a08) at
> /home/thorben/devel/src/kdevplatform/sublime/mainwindow.cpp:95
> #1  0xb7d63578 in KDevelop::TextDocumentPrivate::setStatus (this=0xa6104f8,
> document=0xbbd9ed0, dirty=false)
>     at /home/thorben/devel/src/kdevplatform/shell/textdocument.cpp:135

Hmm, this backtrace looks bogus, because: There's at least one method
between the setStatus and the Mainwindow::area and its crashing on the
method invocation.

I know it takes a bit time, but I suggest to rebuild kdevplatform with
Debug instead of RelWithDebInfo and check the crash again.

Also it would be good to get some more "environment" information, as in
what did you do when kdev4 crashed? I personally haven't observed any
crashes like this yet.

You will always have good luck in your personal affairs.