Automatically adding files/classes to targets

David nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Mon Feb 16 21:00:58 UTC 2009

Am Montag 16 Februar 2009 21:40:45 schrieb Alexander Neundorf:
> Due to that "limited degree" I would not trust an automatic solution.
> Could the code check whether it is really only a trivial cmake file (as in
> your algorithm) and then do it as you suggest, and if it is more advanced,
> tell the user to do it manually instead of potentially messing the advanced
> cmake logic up ?
>
> If the file is more complicated (the example was at most medium), the
> developer has to understand what the logic does and then has to decide what
> to do with the new file, otherwise the build will break (in some cases on
> some platforms with some special configurations). I think the developer
> should be made aware of the fact that the cmake file is complicated (if
> this is the case), it should not be hidden from him.
>
> Alex

Yes I agree, we should detect complex cases and tell the user to do it by hand
in that case, maybe helping him by jumping to the target-definition.

In the case of KDevelop though, I haven's seen a single CMakeLists.txt that
this algorithm would fail with. So I believe this would really be a useful
feature.

Greetings, David