Thread-leak?

Peter Oberndorfer kumbayo84 at arcor.de
Mon Feb 16 19:02:34 UTC 2009

On Sonntag 15 Februar 2009, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> On Monday 16 February 2009 08:59:05 Milian Wolff wrote:
> > Just curious: Could there be something like a thread-leak? I just closed
> > kdevelop after like 2-3h of work and this was outputted:
> >
> > QThreadStorage: Thread 0x90bbd98 exited after QThreadStorage 2147483532
> > destroyed
> >
> > But not once or like 4-8 times like the other times. No: 191 times!
>
> No, this is a bug in katepart, each editor creates a qthreadstorage, but when
> I used it i didn't realise you can't delete it.  I have to remove that code
> (been lazy).  It's not a kdevelop problem.

Hmm i do not understand what you mean here by remove that code.
Wouldn't something like the attached patch be enough to fix the leak?
At least it does not emit any messages here anymore and valgrind is silent too.

(not sure if the virtual destructor in KateLayoutCache is needed since QObject
makes the destructor virtual already)

If it is OK i can commit it.

> Cheers,
> Hamish.