custom make, builddir != srcdir

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Feb 14 09:31:38 UTC 2009

On 14.02.09 11:57:40, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> On Friday 13 February 2009 23:19:53 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > On 13.02.09 22:28:36, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > > It appears KDevelop4 at present does not support custom make projects
> > > where builddir is not the same as source dir. Does anybody knows
> > > what it would take to implement such support, and what would be the
> > > major steps, codewise?
> >
> > Provide a setting in the custom-make-config dialog for the builddir, write
> > code which calculates the relative path of a given folder/dir compared to
> > the projects source root and adds the builddir before that (for
> > buildDirectory()).
>
> I am somewhat confused. Say, I open a project given the Makefile (in build dir).
> Say I've also added option to specify where source tree is. OK, but what do you
> mean by:

Thats not supported at the moment at all in the custom make support, so
you'd probably have to add quite a bunch of code. Its probably easier to
select the source-dir and then choose "Custom Make" from the drop-down
box in the open-project wizard.

> 	calculates the relative path of a given folder/dir compared to
> 	the projects source root and adds the builddir before that
>
> ? Is the 'buildDirectory()' method invoked on different directories?

Its invoked for any kind of project item in the project model,
directories, files even targets. And it always has to return an absolute
directory.

You love peace.