custom make, builddir != srcdir

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Feb 13 20:19:53 UTC 2009

On 13.02.09 22:28:36, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> It appears KDevelop4 at present does not support custom make projects
> where builddir is not the same as source dir. Does anybody knows
> what it would take to implement such support, and what would be the
> major steps, codewise?

Provide a setting in the custom-make-config dialog for the builddir, write
code which calculates the relative path of a given folder/dir compared to
the projects source root and adds the builddir before that (for
buildDirectory()). I think thats about it.

I don't think custom makefile plugin supports reading targets from
makefiles and building only those, so its not a big deal if the manager
doesn't see them.

You possess a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.