STL Debugging Support

Daniel Santos javatroubadour at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 12 22:22:16 UTC 2009

Hello guys,

I just wanted to follow up a conversation from IRC.  I've done a lot of
poking around and discovered that some FSF guys have a project in progress
for revamping C++ support in gdb called Project Archer
(http://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/ProjectArcher).  I'll be digesting this a bit
over the next few weeks (I'm on vacation starting 2nite and will be out for a
week) and I'll probably be contributing to that project instead.  Of course,
this stuff will all be accessible via mi/mi2 and they are currently looking
at merging the project into the 7.0 branch (I think that's the branch they
said) in May of this year.

None the less, I have an idea brewing for a new debug
view/window/component/widget/tab (not sure what they're called in the app
yet), but I'll post separately on that.

Daniel