How useful is documentview grouping?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 22:16:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'd like to implement file-navigation history in the near future and am
thinking about re-using the documentview for that (showing it when
starting to switch between files and hiding it then as well).

Obviously if that happens the grouping is a bit of a problem, so I'm
wondering (as I don't use documentview myself) how useful the grouping
is at all. Would it be a real problem if we loose the grouping and
instead have a most-recently-used list of files?

You are taking yourself far too seriously.