Started to fixup cppdebugger in trunk/kdevelop

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Feb 11 21:44:43 UTC 2009

On 10.02.09 21:45:38, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 10.02.09 23:34:43, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > >
> > > No, in fact what I did is re-use variables and variable-items all the
> > > time. And I'm not removing variables at all right now. So if a variable
> > > goes out of scope while stepping its not removed.
> >
> > Ouch.
>
> :) After those 4 hours I was actually proud that I did get the variables
> to display at all. So I postponed fixing the obvious bugs to get some
> sleep.
>
> Thanks for the quick response, that means I can fix this up right now.

Unfortunately the current code has far more problems that just not
updating the variable widget. The currentFrame and currentThread infos
in the controller are not updated, disabled breakpoints are still hit
when debugging and the problem of only running it once is just what I've
found so far by using it on a very basic level.

Given that there's a working debugger plugin, even if it is
architecturally insufficient. So I guess we'll have to switch to that
one at least for 4.0 at some point in time (probably before the next
beta).

Beware of a dark-haired man with a loud tie.