Howto: unique parsejob

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Sat Feb 7 16:48:09 UTC 2009

Hi devs!

Again I got a problem I'm not able to solve: How do I make parsejobs unique?
My case:

clean kdevduchain
start kdevelop and reopen last documents (3 PHP files)
each one of these tries to get the internalfunctions which does not exist and
thus creates a parsejob for it and run it. That way it can be sure it's
finished and can continue with parsing the real document.

=> 3 parsejobs for one and the same file! And internalfunctions is quite large
(>1mb!). So it's a waste of resources.

And acutally I get a segfault somewhere in the middle which I think could be
fixed by making the ParseJob unique.

So how would I do that? Is there an API for that? Or should I introduce a
global PHP ParseJob stack which could be checked for running jobs?

In case of the latter I'd still need help on how to actually wait for a given
job to finish. As far as I can see there is no easy way to wait for a signal to
be emitted or similar.
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de