Automatically adding files/classes to targets

David nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Wed Feb 4 23:56:58 UTC 2009

We need to integrate the "new file" and "new class" wizards with the project-
management, so code-completion etc. in the new file can work right away within
the file, and less user-interaction is needed.

Currently the work-flow for creating new files and adding them to targets is
not confortable yet.

@Aleix: I though you've worked on this, but didn't find anything in the UI. Or
was it just the required use-building that you've implemented?

I think ideally we should have something like a list of few related targets
from a project, where you can add checkboxes to automatically add the file to
the target, directly integrated in the new-class and new-file dialogs.

Also we should add a default-checked checkbox to add the file to the version-
control system if one exists.

Greetings, David