on documentation

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Feb 4 01:04:37 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 12:27 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 02.02.09 04:21:31, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > It is kind of working using QtHelp now. If you could take a look we can
> > discuss later how do we want it to behave.
>
> Haven't looked at it, will try to do that tonight.
>
> > - Use QTextBrowser instead of webkit? :P
>
> May I ask why? Using QWebkit would allow for integrating arbitrary
> documentation that uses the QtHelp format, which might not be compatible
> with the limited set of html that QTB supports...
>
> We just need to make sure that Qt is compiled with webkit support...

That's another option ^^ Webkit sounded a bit heavy to me :P It should be a
trivial change though.

> Andreas
>
> --
> You will become rich and famous unless you don't.

Hi,
I'm going to be offline for some days (or at least email-reading-only mode).

Since there is not a lot of buzz on this documentation issue, I'll push the
qthelp module to kdevelop and the docviewer to kdevplatform when I come
back, since it is mostly working. (that will be next monday).

Thanks!
Aleix