Debbuger

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Feb 3 17:30:49 UTC 2009

On 03.02.09 17:42:26, David nolden wrote:
> But even if we bring the debugger back into a usable state, we will still have
> a maintainership problem. Imo we should seriously consider looking into the
> direction of Qt Creator, and eventually trying to share code with them. By
> code sharing I mean not just forking it once, but trying to maintain it across
> both projects.

I'm not sure thats feasible, because first of all you'd have to convince Qt
Software to create and share a public library for gdb-integration providing
widgets for breakpoints, variables and stackframes at least. Additionally
to that the lib needs to provide various notifications about changes (like
breakpoint was hit) and ways to set gdb stuff.

Then that one needs to be integrated with kate and kdevplatform to be
usable.

You have an unusual magnetic personality.  Don't walk too close to
metal objects which are not fastened down.