Wrong assert in itemFromIndex?

David nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Sun Feb 1 17:44:11 UTC 2009

Am Sonntag 01 Februar 2009 18:24:23 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 01.02.09 18:12:23, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > got a new crash because I'm hitting the assert in itemFromIndex.

Zero indices within the item-repository are invalid. Zero is a placeholder for
"invalid index" there.

When such indices appear, the reason is usually that the place from where the
index is taken is bogus in some way(Not initialized for example).

Hashes can be zero, but the hash does not equal the index.

Looking at this specific case, it seems like at some point
itemrepository.h:1383 has been hit, do you see that warning on the command-
line? I haven't ever encountered that on linux, but maybe it also has
something to do with intialization order. You should definitely place an
assertion at itemrepository.h:1383 to see whether that happens, and  then
investigate on: What does emptyConstantIdentifierPrivateIndex return?

Greetings, David