Wrong assert in itemFromIndex?

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 1 17:12:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

got a new crash because I'm hitting the assert in itemFromIndex. Backtrace
is:

        kdevplatformlanguage.dll!KDevelop::emptyConstantIdentifierPrivate()
Zeile 123       C++
        kdevplatformlanguage.dll!KDevelop::Identifier::Identifier()  Zeile
311 + 0x1d Bytes        C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!KDevelop::AbstractContextBuilder<AST,NameAST>::AbstractContextBuilder<AST,NameAST>()
Zeile 72 + 0x45 Bytes   C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!ContextBuilderBase::ContextBuilderBase()  +
0x16 Bytes      C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!ContextBuilder::ContextBuilder()  Zeile 107 +
0x36 Bytes      C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!KDevelop::AbstractTypeBuilder<AST,NameAST,ContextBuilder>::AbstractTypeBuilder<AST,NameAST,ContextBuilder>()
+ 0x35 Bytes    C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!TypeBuilder::TypeBuilder()  Zeile 53 + 0x16
Bytes   C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!KDevelop::AbstractDeclarationBuilder<AST,NameAST,TypeBuilder>::AbstractDeclarationBuilder<AST,NameAST,TypeBuilder>()
+ 0x36 Bytes    C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!DeclarationBuilderBase::DeclarationBuilderBase()
+ 0x16 Bytes    C++
        kdev4cppduchain.dll!DeclarationBuilder::DeclarationBuilder(CppEditorIntegrator
* editor=0x116ffc7c)  Zeile 112 + 0x36 Bytes    C++
        kdevcpplanguagesupport.dll!CPPInternalParseJob::run()  Zeile 545 +
0x15 Bytes      C++

Stepping through emptyConstantIdentifierPrivate and
emptyConstantIdentifierPrivateIndex I see that the identifier's hash can be
0 if they're created initially. I've also set a breakpoint at
ItemRepository::index() end where it returns 0 and prints out a warning,
but that place is never hit.

Could it be that 0 indexes are actually valid these days and the assert
should be removed? If not I'd appreciate any pointers as to where to start
looking for the error (had openprojectdialog.h and openprojectpage.h open
upon starting and no .kdevduchain directory)

Your nature demands love and your happiness depends on it.