How to find cause for PHP flicker

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Dec 22 01:35:23 UTC 2009

On Monday 21 December 2009 17:52:51 Milian Wolff wrote:
> Hey all!
>
> I'm trying to hunt down the cause for the flickering when editing
>  documents, esp. declarations of variables (but not their uses).
>
> But I can't hunt it down for the life of me... The colorization is lost on
> (imo) totally random points. Is this done in another background thread?
>
> My wild guess is that the variable is redeclared all the time, probably
> because it's not in the symbol table? I'm really lost...

OK, I finally found a hint:
http://mwolff.pastebin.com/f208336f9

This is the BT that eventually leads to the flickering, i.e. the removal of the
range triggers a view update (which is delayed...) and will remove things.

I wonder why this range(s) are not encountered, looks like the whole
"recompiling" is messed up in PHP :(
--
Milian Wolff
mail at milianw.de