More CPP code completion & testing.

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 15:04:37 UTC 2009

Am Montag 21 Dezember 2009 02:29:52 schrieb Olivier J. G.:
> @David: some questions regarding testing and codecompletion...
>
> It doesn't seem like the completion context used in testing gets any of the
> implementation helpers, is there any way to test for their existence?
The problem is that most of the implementation-helpers are disabled in that
test, because they would require linking the code-completion test to a much
bigger part of the C++ support.

> Also, I don't seem to be able to test for completion at the end of the top
> context, ie "#include "somefile" \n (complete here)"
Does it work of you add another "\n"?

> Finally, at some point, do completion items that have been added
> to ungroupedElements get filtered later according to whether they match the
> text at the cursor? That causes problems for implementation items within
> namespaces (you're typing classname::functionname, which doesn't match with
> namespace::classname::functionname).

Yes everything gets filtered by kate, I know it causes problems in some cases.
The filtering can be changed or avoided by using another code-completion model
and returning another "virtual QString filterString(..)", but that's too
complicated to me right now for such a little annoyance.

Greetings, David