extragear/sdk/kdevplatform/shell

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:11:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 13:49, David Nolden <zwabel at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> - the new instance takes it's time, some loading indicator would be nice
> It's very fast here, that's why I've disabled the splash screen for new
> instances, as it looked ugly seeing it flash up and disappear again. Actually
> the loading should be fast, as all the libraries are already in memory..
Hmm, for me it takes 2-3sec, during that time I have the feeling
kdevelop crashed.

>> - would it make sense that creating a new session has all settings
>> copied from the current one (except projects, workingsets and global
>> launches)
> That sounds like some quite complicated distinctions would need to be done.
> What's actually contained in a session, except those things? :-)
Good question... I think those things _can_ make sense:
- active plugins
- editor settings (esp. indentation)
- source formatter settings
- visible tool views

But how does the user know what belongs to a session and what is global?

Niko