extragear/sdk/kdevelop/app

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 8 13:03:20 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag 08 Dezember 2009 13:53:45 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 08.12.09 13:04:56, David Nolden wrote:
> > > Can't we make this a proper setter on the Core class? - please :)
> >
> > In future, I hope that the _primary_ way of setting the session will be
> > the environment-variable, so that the duchain can use that information
> > during initialization. Which means that, once I've found a way to spawn
> > another _detached_ instance of kdevelop with a specific
> > environment-variable set, we can remove the cmdline-option again
> > completely.
>
> That should work with KProcess and using startDetached instead of simply
> start.

The problem is that startDetached doesn't work with environment-variables (see
its documentation), and I haven't found any other system call that could do
this.

Right now I'm thinking of just writing a "helper" application consisting of a
few lines, that turns the "--session" option into an environment variable and
then calls kdevelop non-detached. A shell-script would work as well, but
that's not cross-platform.

Greetings, David