extragear/sdk/kdevplatform/shell

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:55:33 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag 08 Dezember 2009 13:48:13 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> On 08.12.09 10:15:06, Niko Sams wrote:
> >
> > - the new instance takes it's time, some loading indicator would be nice
>
> You mean like the splashscreen? Or do you mean for the projects being
> loaded?
>
> > - would it make sense that creating a new session has all settings
> > copied from the current one (except projects, workingsets and global
> > launches)
>
> Thats why in the session-dialog there's new and clone. IMHO both have
> use-cases so if we supply New in the menu we should have Clone too.
Only if it's clearly defined what the distinction between "New" and "Clone"
is. Right now if it was in the menu, I wouldn't have a clue which one to
click.

If you mean by "Clone" creating a new session that also contains the same
projects, I cannot see a real use-case for that. Why would you want to work on
the same projects within multiple sessions?

Greetings, David