QFSFileEngine::map: Mapping a file beyond its size is not portable

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 7 15:09:51 UTC 2009

Am Montag 07 Dezember 2009 15:57:33 schrieb Milian Wolff:
> Hi all!
>
> I get the above mentioned error on a test machine of mine, running
>  Archlinux with kde-qt compiled from sources. I know that at least David
>  got this error also on OpenSuse.
>
> My problem is: It makes duchainify stop working alltogether it seems:

This was only a real problem in one of the beta release of Qt 4.6, where they
made the mapping fail fully in such a case. But at that point I made the
fallback work properly, so even if the mapping fails, KDevelop keeps working.

But in the final release, they're turned the problem into a pure warning, so
it's only an aesthetical problem.

And btw. the main problem is anyway that their check is somehow broken, as we
actually _do not_ map a file beyond its size.

So to make it short: This issue is probably not the reason why your duchainify
doesn't work.

Greetings, David