Problem with a complex-ish template

Nicolas Alvarez nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 03:14:01 UTC 2009

I'm writing some tests using the "mockpp" framework for mock objects.
Its code emulates variadic templates using template specialization in
several places.

At one point, it uses a helper class to count the number of arguments. For
example, CountParameters<void, int, int>::value == 2 (not 3; the first
argument is not used so you have a way of having 0 arguments). KDevelop
doesn't handle  this template correctly. As a result, if I have this
partially-specialized template:

template<unsigned params>
struct Switch
{
};
template<>
struct Switch<2>
{
  void foo(int x, int y) { cout << "two args\n"; }
};

If I create a Switch<2> object, kdevelop completes its method (foo)
correctly. But if it's a Switch<CountParameters<void,int,int>::value>, the
completion doesn't work.

A fully-compiling testcase is here: http://pastebin.ca/1703800

The foo() call in line 55 shows underlined in yellow. Typing "obj." inside
main doesn't complete anything.

--
Nicolas