Started to work on source-formatter

David Nolden zwabel at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:12:22 UTC 2009

Am Freitag 04 Dezember 2009 15:50:09 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:
> No, the only thing we could add at a later point is automatic reformatting
> on save. Any on-the-fly-formatting needs to go into kate(part).

Well, it would be much better if it was possible to use only _one_ knowledge-
source to get a consistent source-formatting. The only formatting-related
thing that kate really does is indentation when pressing "return". Ideally
we'd have a way of letting the source-formatter override that functionality
somehow, somewhen in the future.

We could also implement some simple on-the-fly formatting easily at some point
in the future, using the "partial formatting" stuff that already exists in the
API. We could just track inserted lines, and reformat them as soon as the user
presses "return" to get into the next line.

That's all interesting stuff, maybe something for 4.1 or 4.2. Now we should
just concentrate on bringing back the basic functionality that was there.

Greetings, David