proposal for kdevelop.org new website design

Alexander Dymo alexander.dymo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 20:59:49 UTC 2009

середа, 02-гру-2009 13:22:57 Sam S. ви написали:
> http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/9673/kdeveloporgdesignpropos.png
> Please tell me:
>   a) What do you think? Would you be in favour of theming the KDevelop
> website like this?
I'd say this is... just amazing :) I like both the general look and how well
small details are thought out!

Also, it would be really cool to have the same theme for a wiki as well. I
foresee we'll be using wiki even more actively for documentation/faq in the
future than we do now. So, ideally it should look the same as the main
website.

>   b) Any specific suggestions for improvements?
I'd be interested to try a few things:
- place download/support/join boxes to the left (most people scan pages
starting from the top left and we'd want download to be right there)
- less "rude" green color
- get rid of the "news", "credits" and "about" tabs (place about/credits to
the "community" section as "Developers" link)
- remove tabs altogether (no need, all links are already present on the page,
and with new design they are quite easy to find); put search in place of tags)
- put kdevelop 4.x in versions section to the left (again, it's more
important)
- get rid of the "links" section (no useful information there anymore IMHO)
- play with the language selector (there're too many flags to my taste), maybe
have a simple combobox (ok, that's ugly... maybe a styled html'ed combobox)?