extragear/sdk/kdevplatform/plugins/projectmanagerview

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Wed Dec 2 20:43:54 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 December 2009 21:11:46 Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 02.12.09 18:35:57, Milian Wolff wrote:
> > SVN commit 1057523 by mwolff:
> >
> > don't add rename action to root items
>
> Why not? The only question that arises: Foldername or Projectname. The
> problem is that we're showing the projectname in the treeview, not the
> actual folder. so if someone imports an existing project and accepts the
> defaults he ends up with projectname == foldername, but when he renamed
> he changes only one of the two...

Because it would require more work. Imo it's correct that we show the project
name there (since it's not a fileview, but a project view after all!).

Granted, it would make sense to have a place to rename a project if you make a
mistake, but there is currently nothing in this regard. If you want it, I'll
add it:

- offer extended widget to rename project name and/or folder
- update files in .kdev4 folder
- update .kdev file
- update GUI

--