Enable auto-props for subversion

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Aug 30 20:12:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just stumbled across a file in our codebase that doesn't have
svn:eol-style set to native which causes problems when editing on
windows. (KDE has a pre-commit hook that checks for sensible
lineendings).

To make sure that nobody checks in new files without the needed property
it helps to enable auto-props in your subversion config. Just check
$HOME/.subversion/config. At the end there's an auto-props section that
lists file-globs and the property that should be set. Make sure to
enable svn:eol-style=native for .c, .h, .cpp, .txt and also .cmake files
(just in case). Then you'll also need to enable auto-props, in the
default config the enable-auto-props=yes entry is commented out in the
miscellany section.

You never know how many friends you have until you rent a house on the beach.