DUChain: How should we support case insensitive functions?

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Tue Aug 18 14:48:30 UTC 2009

Hi guys!

Php is really insane. When using classes, functions and methods, they
don't care about the case.

echo() == Echo() == ECHO() == ...

I want to know what you think on how I should support this? Are there
more languages that do something similar? I heard that VB apparently
doesn't care about cases. Any other?

If it's only a few languages I'd fix my *Builder classes to always
.toLower() before looking for classes, methods, functions... But this is
potentially error prone as I have to make sure that every place uses that...

Would it be possible / practical to move this into the DUChain? But only
if other languages are case insensitive as well.
--
Milian Wolff
http://milianw.de